Thursday, 1 March 2012
"Identity Change! 60028 Walter K. Whigham"
The deed is done! 60034 Lord Faringdon (the mistake of the last blog entry) has been swiftly changed back to single chimney form, and renamed and renumbered as 60028 Walter K. Whigham, thus filling another gap in my stocklist, and correcting the embarrassing mistake of last time!
All in an evening's work, and I can breathe a sigh of relief. Spare Hornby A4 chimney fitted, Gamesworkshop "green putty" and Humbrol Plastic Filler used to fix the smokebox, Archer's Rivets to reline any areas affected by the sanding down.
I then used Gamesworkshops Chaos Black acrylic paint to seal and finish off the smokebox, numbers removed with a wet'n'dry foam pad, the area polished, Fox Transfers numerals applied, and sealed with Gamesworkshops Ardcoat applied lightly.
The next stage will be to add real coal lumps in the tender, and then weather the model, but it just looks so good at the minute I haven't the heart to do the deed yet. I have a few more spares on the way to fit to the model, including doors thanks to a tip off on the LNER forum, and to my relief, missing reversers to fit to this one, and the earlier Mallard conversion.
Next time will no doubt involve more Gresley A4 antics, given I've decided to "de-frock" another two garter blue models. Just watch Hornby this livery variant next year!
Until next time - have a good evening.